Root-doot-doot-doot-da-doot! 10 weeks and 3,818 Brainypics later (whoa), we have our 10 Runners up and our Grand Prize Winner, as selected by our panel of judges. Ooohhh~ The Runners Up shall receive iTunes gift cards, and of course, our winner has won $200 to be split with his or her school.
Tag Archives: video
Deluge by Aaron! It looks like the public loved the Shamwow infomercial parody. Congrats!
We’re also awarding smaller prizes to some of our favorite videos that may not have received many votes but are still tops. Check em out:
- Cacophony by Rachel Hillis
- Excursion by John Paul II Catholic School
- Ubiquitous by MC Gamer
- Insatiable by Cecil Qiu and Jay Yi
- Cadence by Dan Horrell
- Brazen by John Horn Crew… Oh yeeeeaaaaahhhhh
- Carouse by Meagan and Erin
- Ambiguous by Arawacky
- Audacious by Jimmy
EDIT: Please know that we have limited funds and could not give something out to everybody. We know many of you worked hard and created some memorable videos. We hope what you take away from this experience is having had fun
- making videos
- learning some tough words
- helping others by helping build this free resource on the web.
OK, now that we are back online, I can shamelessly plug BrainyFlix. Muahahaha!
I had the chance to share what we’ve been up to at BrainyFlix with the Scotty and his listeners at Black Talk Radio. He’s a great guy who was unfazed by our temporary technical difficulties. Great timing on our part be on a popular podcast! 😛
I needed a good laugh today, and the kids at Pearland High came through 😀 Next time, maybe we will have a nationwide cavorting contest!
Thanks, y’all! And to Lady Gaga for these guys using your music to teach others.
Hey everyone! We’re almost halfway to the March 16th submission deadline, so I wanted to thank you all for your effort and goodwill and to provide some quick updates on the BrainyFlix.com contest.
- We’ve received over 100 fun, unique videos! We’ve got claymation, beat boxing, old home baby movies, a kid in a banana suit, digital animation, romance, horror, a kid in a taco suit, history lessons, Halo machinima, political activism, and of course… good ole fashion comedy sketches. We didn’t think we’d get so many so soon. Please keep ’em coming! If we can hit 300 by the end of the contest, that would be AWESOME. 😀
- Words with no videos. We encourage you to choose words without any videos yet. Doing so will make BrainyFlix more useful and give you a better chance of getting your video watched and voted on. For example, we have over 10 videos for the word Abduct! In general, a viewer isn’t likely to watch more than a couple videos about one word.
- iTUNES. We’re still giving away 1 iTunes for every 5 videos submitted or referred, and we’ve got, like, 190 more to give away so um… make more videos! Please note that we’ll give away the iTunes at the end of the contest once all the videos have been submitted and names tallied.
- We review the videos after submission, so if you don’t see yours immediately, do not fear. We’ll make sure the submission message says that in the near future.
- SchoolTube funkiness. SchoolTube will sometimes take down videos if they see multiple uploads of the same one. This might have happened to one of your videos. Please check BrainyFlix to make sure your video is still up because if SchoolTube takes it down, it will be down at BrainyFlix, too, and then viewers can’t vote on it. Just resubmit to us, and you’ll be a-ok.
- Check the word definition. We provide definitions for the words, but even those definitions can be ambiguous (vocab word!). Please take the extra minute to look up your word at http://www.dictionary.com or http://www.merriam-webster.com to make sure you understand the meaning of the word. After all, if you don’t know it well, your viewers won’t either!
We duped edSocialMedia into doing a podcast about us. Hahah. Just kidding! Check it out:
Big ups to Ernest Koe and Stephen Ritchie for the hookup.